Friday, October 8, 2010

DAY 154 (of the 6-month cut-off from my son by the Singapore Family Court without any valid reasons) :


My plea to help my son with his exams was not approved by the Family Court.

This is my REPLY LETTER which I emailed to

- The Family Court
- Ministry Of Law and all its ministers
- PM Lee Hsien Loong
- SM Goh Chok Tong
- MM Lee Kuan Yew
- SM Prof S Jayakumar
- DPM Wong Kan Seng
- DPM Teo Chee Hean
- Minister Lim Boon Heng
- Minister Lim Swee Say
- MCYS and all its ministers


To whom it may concern,

It is truly regrettable that the Family Court is not willing to consider my appeal to be there for my son during this critical period of his life.

How my son had suffered academically over the months is the best living proof that your 6 months suspension of my presence in his life has done him more harm than good. This is obviously not in his "higher" or "paramount" interest as you had repeatedly claimed.

And even with the nationwide promotion of "Dads For Life" by MCYS that clearly supports the importance of fathers in children's lives, my access to my son continues to be denied without any valid reasons given.

With your on-going practice of limiting and suspending access time of parents, you are letting hundreds and thousands of innocent children down by depriving them of a normal emotional growth and a healthy relationship with their parents.

This is going to have a huge negative impact on our entire society and country as we all know.

Mr Cheng

(first posted on Facebook, 15 September 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment