Tuesday, August 3, 2010

DAY 105 (of the 6-month cut-off from my son by the Singapore Family Court without any valid reasons) :


Singapore adult children affected by Parental Alienation are speaking up (see story below). An increasing number of innocent children are suffering from the effects of Parental Alienation every single day in our country. It is time for the authorities to take this issue seriously and do something about it.

“Hi Mr Cheng, I would like to pen some thoughts in support of your worthy cause, I have been quietly following your thoughts and posts on your fight for your son.

I wholly support your fight to love your beautiful son Adriel, because it is every parent's right to love their child, their flesh and blood. I hope your ex partner realises this. I am keeping this to the point and simple, take it from me, a child from a messy messy divorce. The ones that get hurt the most, are us, the children. We never recover from that loss of a parent's love. Parental Alienation is very unfair to us, the children.

My parents separated when I was young, and I was denied access to my father, and all his relatives for a good 15 years or so, he was denied visitation rights and unfortunately, my mother had to also paint him in a very negative light. Crudely speaking, my baby brother and I were brainwashed to hate our own father, whose name I carry on my legal papers.

My papa had time and time again tried to discreetly make contact with us throughout the years, but would be found out, partly due to us whistleblowing, having been brainwashed, and she would then send him to court. Again and again and again.

When I turned 18, I decided on my own free will, to know the real story behind all the turmoil that has happened, sought my papa out and decided to make amends. the first thing he said to me was "sorry". That was enough for me. Sorry for not being there for me, for us, my brother and I.

Today, I am best friends with my father, and his new family, and my half sisters, having moved on from the past and looking forward tomore beautiful days ahead. I understand your situation and plight, that a child should NEVER be alienated from his right to a parent, and to contact with family. It devastates us. It definitely devastated me.”

- Asy'ari J. Asni (iwith his 2 baby sisters in this pic)

(first posted on Facebook, 28 July 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment