Thursday, August 19, 2010

DAY 126 (of the 6-month cut-off from my son by the Singapore Family Court without any valid reasons) :


"I wish i could give up and forget my kids just months after they went, but although i have managed at last to cope day to day with little thoughts of them, I m surrounded by things that remind me of them….my pc monitor has the little stickers all over it that my daughters decorated it with, and at the top my middle daughter wrote ‘I love you mummy’ in pencil….there is a necklace she made me out of beads hanging down one side of the monitor too. These things, after 4 years of being apart from them, i now find comfort in and they remind me of the good times. Sometimes i will find something I m not expecting, and i will cry for hours. sometimes i cant go in their bedrooms even now. It is hard at the start... but it will get easier.”
- Sue Jennifer Wright, my FB friend from Portsmouth UK (in this photo with her children)

I cannot imagine the pain of a mother being alienated from all 5 of her children, but I certainly have an enormous amount of admiration and respect for her strength and courage to keep fighting for them.

Stephen, Aoife, Luka, Taz and Natallia : Be proud, you guys have a warrior mom who loves you like nobody else will.

(first posted on Facebook, 18 August 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment