Monday, June 14, 2010

DAY 59 (of the 6-MONTH CUT-OFF FROM MY SON by the SINGAPORE FAMILY COURT WITHOUT ANY VALID REASONS) :


The World Cup fever is on again. I remember you were never allowed to watch soccer when you were young, the only time you had a chance to catch glimpses of a match with daddy was when you were 4 years old, and it was the quarter-final game between S.Korea and Italy in 2002. You were sitting on my lap and we were watching the game with many other residents below our flat on the big screen set up by the town council.

When S.Korea won the game, the crowd was cheering very loudly and I remember you held my hand very tightly as you appeared shocked and amazed at what the commotion was all about. I smiled and gave you a hug, and told you not to worry as the people were just celebrating. Then I kissed your forehead and carried you home as it was almost bedtime.

Like the S.Koreans, that was a moment I will always treasure and will never forget for the rest of my life.

(first posted on Facebook, 12 Jun 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment